Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tasting- "Cortenova Pinot Grigio"

The tastings begin with the first of many visits to The Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg. This tasting featured five different wines, all of which I drank without food. The first was Cortenova Pinot Grigio.

Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Venezie
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Vintage Cellar Review: "Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections.
Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the finish. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi,spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine. Perfect also as an aperitif."

My Review: Personally, I found this wine quite enjoyable. Although I am a bigger fan of red wines, I found this one easy to drink. It is a clear wine and smells fruity. The taste was fruity, matching the small, but also had a slightly floral taste. Overall, an enjoyable wine, but not one I would go out of my way to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment