Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tasting- "Fetzer Malbec"

Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $15


Vintage Cellar Review: Delicious Malbec is 100% from Mendoza, Argentina. It has a vibrant red color with violet tones. Subtle and delicious aromas with an intense mixture of red fruits, plum and cherry jam. On the palate it’s juicy and has intense wood-like tannins that make it a rustic, yet versatile wine. Long finish.

My Review: This was my favorite wine of the tasting. This is a fruity wine with a red-violet color. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to buy a bottle. I made dinner with my friend Ginny, who is also in this class to accompany this wine. Pairing this with an appetizer of brie and bread as well as an entree of steak and with a side of kale really allowed the flavors to come out in the wine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment